I was recently nominated for the ‘Inside My Head’ tag by the amazing Abbey from an anonymous escape from life, and I am so very happy! Firstly, I am so sorry I’m late with this but please know that I’m so grateful. To anyone who hasn’t already done so, please check out Abbey’s blog. She writes so beautifully and I love her posts, they’re full of depth and are very relatable, and honestly she’s one of my favorite blogs. Thank you so much, Abbey!
- Thank & tag the person that has tagged you.
- Attach the tag photo
- Answer the questions
- Tag 10-20 friends.
- How do I feel at the moment?
Pretty good considering I got done with a lot of chores and activities today and that’s making me feel like a responsible adult who can do anything she sets her mind to.
- What do I need more in my life?
More faith in myself and my abilities, probably. Also a little bit more freedom in my family would be kind of nice too.
- What would make me happy right now?
A really long peaceful walk where I don’t need to be worried about being kidnapped.
- What is going right in my life?
I started taking new classes and they seem to be going a lot better than how I had thought they’d be.
- What am I most grateful for? List 10 things.
– My family, and how they don’t pressurize me into choosing the career they want, and how they allow me to make my own decisions, at least when it comes to my education.
– My friends, they’re the family I choose.
– The fact that my mental health has gotten so much better compared to how it was several months ago.
– My good(-ish) health.
– The Twitter and WordPress community and how they can be a much needed escape sometimes.
– The nice rainy weather these days.
– Growing up in KSA.
– The fact that I have really understanding and supportive siblings, they make me feel less alone sometimes in my family.
– The Internet and social media.
- When did I experience joy this week?
When my new English teacher told me I have a good vocabulary and I felt so validated!
- List a small victory/success.
I filled out a college application all by myself in less than 24 hours, only a few hours before the deadline!
- What is bothering me and why?
I want to be there for a friend of mine who feels she has no reason to live anymore and I try but I don’t know if it helps in any way. I wish I could do so much more but we only interact through social media and I feel so helpless.
- What are my priorities at the moment?
Trying to motivate myself to start working on the short story that’s required for me to be considered for a writers’ program.
- What do I love about myself?
I love how empathetic I am, it allows me to help people and connect with them on a really deep and emotional level.
- Who means the world to me, and why?
All of my closest friends, they keep me sane and make me extremely happy. I can sit in complete silence with them and still feel completely content.
- If I could share one message with the world, what would it be?
Kindness goes a long way. It can make someone’s day and it costs you absolutely nothing. So I dunno, be kind. Always. That’s what I tell myself at least.
- What advice would I give to my younger self?
Let people make you happy. But don’t let yourself get addicted to them. Because one day they might leave, either intentionally or unintentionally, and it’s going to hurt tremendously. And remember that it might take time, but you will be okay again.
- What lesson did I learn this week?
There’s only so much you can do to help people. All you can do is try your best, and if that doesn’t turn out to be enough, then please remember that it wasn’t your fault. You did all you could.
- If I had all the time in the world, what would I do first?
Go for an extremely long walk and find a good place to set up a picnic and have a tea party all by myself.
- What’s draining my energy?
My relatives and responsibilities.
- What does my ideal morning look like?
Sleeping in, but still managing to wake up relatively early and going out for a walk or drinking a cup of tea while watching the sun rise.
- What does my ideal day look like?
Being able to go through the whole day doing only what I want and not what anyone else wants me to do.
- What makes me come alive?
Reading a great book. Or watching my favorite shows.
- What/who inspire me the most?
They don’t know it, but my siblings do.
- Where does my pain originate?
Trying to please everyone all the time.
- What are my strengths?
Writing, maybe. Reading. I love English. And helping others as well. Empathy, basically. Or so I like to believe.
- What is something I’ve always wanted, but am too scared to get?
Dresses, really. Some of their types are not culturally appropriate where I live so I’m always reluctant to get those for fear of being reprimanded. Also, I have no figure so I guess I’d be self-conscious.
- What is something I would love to learn?
Latin! Something about it just seems so magical to me.
- Where would I want to live my ideal life?
Any place with a subway system.
- Where would I like to travel in the next 5 years?
Iceland, or Paris.
- What can I do to take better care of myself?
Drink more water. And also learn to be more assertive.
- What hobbies would I like to try?
Bike riding, on a more frequent basis at least. Also swimming.
- When have I done something that I thought I couldn’t do?
Approached my crush despite the raging anxiety that was making me feverish.
- At the end of my life, what do I want my legacy to be?
It’d be nice if my tombstone could say, “Here lies Eesha, a kind soul who made a difference in people’s lives.”
- InkBlots and IceBergs
- stoner on a rollercoaster
- Love’s Legacy
- Alien Ideology
- Here comes the Sun
- The Solivagant Writer
- MrHushHush Entries
Congratulations to all the nominees! And please, do not feel compelled to answer all the questions but if you do decide to, be sure to tag me ’cause I’d love to read your answers. Thank you so much again Abbey!
And with that, I vanished.